Webinar: Demo for FDLP eXchange Release 1.2
Register to attend the live training webinar, "Demo for FDLP eXchange Release 1.2."
Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Recording and closed captioning are available. All webinars are free of charge.
- Joe Paskoski, Senior Outreach Librarian, Library Services & Content Management (LSCM), U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO)
- Donald Sensabaugh, User Support Librarian, LSCM, GPO
- Learning outcomes: On November 7, 2023, GPO launched FDLP eXchange version 1.2 with new functionality. The presenters will be demonstrating the new features and answering questions about the 1.2 release, including:
- Enhanced bulk processing to allow users to perform certain status changes (such as Mark Discarded) in bulk. This enhancement will also allow users to mark offers in search results and request them in bulk.
- The drop-down menu in the “Filter by library” filter will only show libraries with current offers or current needs, reducing the scrolling required to find a specific library.
- A “sometimes” option has been added for the Postage Requirement field. When a user selects “sometimes” in response to “Postage available?,” a box for associated notes will appear. A column has been added to the template to accommodate this field.
For additional details on FDLP eXchange development, see the FDLP eXchange Application Development page.
Registration confirmation information:Upon registering, a confirmation email from [email protected] will be sent with instructions for joining the webinar. To ensure delivery of that email, configure your junk mail or spam filter(s) to permit messages from that address. GPO staff will also email your access information the day before the webinar. If you do not receive your login information, please email [email protected].
Prior to the webinar: For those participating via a desktop or laptop computer (preferred method), a WebEx plug-in must be installed (one-time only). Download instructions. Some features will not be available for users participating with a tablet or smartphone. Devices need to have a WebEx app installed from the device’s app store, which may take time. After installation, the app will ask for you to Allow or Deny permissions.