Building Youth Financial Capability
Title: Building Youth Financial Capability
- Emily Mross, Business Librarian and Library Outreach Coordinator, Penn State Harrisburg Library
- Lyn Haralson, Financial Education Program Analyst, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Andrea Cabrera, Public Services Librarian, Plano Public Library
Join the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) for a webinar to introduce you to CFPB tools and resources to build youth financial capability. CFPB will share the latest information on Money as You Grow and introduce you to the Money Monsters. Learn how CFPB materials are centered around a set of three building blocks for building financial knowledge, skills, and developing habits and norms that will facilitate financial well-being in adulthood. You will hear from Plano (TX) Public Library of innovative programming the library created to begin and support family conversations around money matters.
Learning Outcomes summarized:
- Provide easy-to-use tools and resources for building youth financial capability.
- Build awareness of the free resources available from CFPB.
- Learn about innovative programming building youth financial capability.