Until 2014, Federal depository libraries were required to select two depository item numbers, under which publications of critical importance were distributed to all libraries in the FDLP. In order to support libraries that wished to transition to “all digital,” and no longer receive any tangible material, the two mandatory item numbers were discontinued. At this time, LSCM also transitioned publications related to depository and collection management to digital format.
In 2019 LSCM initiated the Special Selection Offer process, as a means of allowing libraries that do not select the item number for a significant specific publication to have a one-time opportunity to request and receive an individual title in tangible format. The special selection becomes part of the library’s depository collection, and is subject to regular FDLP retention rules. The first Special Selection Offer title was the Mueller Report.
Special Selection Offers are intended to be an option for libraries to use mechanisms other than item selection to build collections of U.S. Government publications for patrons and community access.
This page lists all current and past Special Selection Offers. Please contact [email protected] with any questions about Special Selection Offers, or to provide feedback on this new collection development option.
- COVID-19 Pandemic Operational Guidance for the 2020 Hurricane Season (July 2021)
- United States Government Policy and Supporting Positions (Plum Book) (February 2021)
- National High School Debate Topic, 2020-2021 (December 2020)
- Your guide to the 2020 Census (braille) (October 2020)
- American armies and battlefields in Europe WWII (October 2020)
- Guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19 (July 2020)
- Double-Sided Census Maps (February 2020)
- The Impeachment Inquiry into President Donald J. Trump: Presentations from the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and House Judiciary Committee (February 2020)
- The Impeachment Inquiry into President Donald J. Trump: Constitutional Grounds for Presidential Impeachment (February 2020)
- Oversight of the Report on the Investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election (February 2020)
- Everyone Counts (February 2020)
- Proceedings of the Senate in the Impeachment Trial of President Donald John Trump (February 2020)
- House Judiciary Committee Impeachment Report (February 2020)
- House Intelligence Committee Impeachment Report (February 2020)
- Earth at Night: Our Planet in Brilliant Darkness (January 2020)
- Secret Service Publications (November 2019)
- National High School Debate Topic, 2019-2020
- Pocket Constitution (July 2019)
- Mueller Report (April 2019)